BC wildfire information and resources
By Conifex Timber Inc.
Aug. 17, 2018 - Wildfire activity in the Province of BC continues to be volatile. The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako issued an evacuation alert on August 12, 2018, including the town of Fort St James and the Conifex Fort St James mill and the BC Government issued a province-wide state of emergency on August 15, 2018.
As we are anticipating an evacuation order, Conifex Timber has temporarily suspended operations at the Fort St. James mill site.
Asset protection will be in place 24/7. We have an onsite team conducting fire protection tasks who are working closely with the Provincial and local Incident Management Teams.
The health, safety, and well-being of our employees and families is paramount.
Please ensure that your supervisor has accurate contact information, emergency contacts, and knowledge of your whereabouts.
We will continue to update you as the situation evolves through email, social media, and this page on our website.
To our Employees: for any information related to potential evacuation matters or mill operation status please contact us at 1-866-468-0226
- For confidential counselling, consider using Conifex’s Employee & Family Assistance Program at 1-866-398-9505
- If you would like information about available evacuation assistance contact Emergency Social Services at 1-800-585-9559
- Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako
- Regional District of Fraser-Fort George
- BC Wildfire Service– current status of BC wildfires across the province
- Emergency Preparedness, Response & Recovery
- DriveBC – road conditions and closures
- BC Air Quality