Health and Safety
Canada’s first nationwide Electrical Safety Awards Program launched by Electrical Business Magazine
By Electrical Business Magazine
May 5, 2015 - Canada’s leading publication for electrical professionals, Electrical Business Magazine (EBMag), has launched its inaugural, nationwide Electrical Safety Champion Awards program, which aims to recognize Canadian companies and individuals who are passionate about promoting the health & safety of Canadian electrical workers (www.ebmag.com/esca).
“You work hard to establish a safe work environment that helps ensure your employees return home in one piece... it’s time you were recognized!” said EBMag’s editor Anthony Capkun. “The Electrical Safety Champion Awards program is—to the best of our knowledge—the first and only program of its kind in Canada, open to all Canadians across our nation.”
The program recognizes this commitment to health & safety across several categories, and you are permitted to nominate yourself! The awards recognize both individuals and organizations as evaluated against criteria that reinforce:
• Leadership and influence
• Education, information and awareness
• Advancing knowledge or standards
The Award Categories include:
• Electrical Contractor (small, 6-49 employees)
• Electrical Contractor (large, 50+ employees)* Sponsored by Southwire Canada
• Electrical Maintenance Team (2+ persons)* Sponsored by CSA Group
• Electric Utility
• Individual Champion (1 person)
“A heartfelt Thank You! to the trailblazers who have answered the call and signed on as founding sponsors of Canada’s first national electrical safety awards program, namely CSA Group (www.csagroup.org) and Southwire Canada (www.southwire.ca),” Capkun added.
Visit www.ebmag.com/esca for additional information, including Rules and Entry Form.
For information about remaining sponsorship opportunities, contact:
• Scott Hoy at (905) 726-4664 and email@example.com
• John MacPherson at (905) 713-4335 and firstname.lastname@example.org