Fuel management 101
Feb. 12, 2014 – FPInnovations and Canadian Woodlands Forum are conducting a series of technology road shows in three locations in Atlantic Canada. The half-day workshop will provide practical information on how to prepare a fuel management plan for a forestry company or logging fleet.
The Fuel Management 101 for Forestry Fleets workshop gives participants the practical advice and tools they need to help save money on fuel and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. With fuel consuming a large part of a fleet's budget, improving fuel efficiency will make operations more competitive and improve the bottom line. And with expectations for environmental responsibility on the rise, reducing your footprint will reflect positively on your company too.
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for managers, particularly fleet and forest operations managers, who are looking for ways to improve fleet efficiencies and drive costs down. The course content is tailored to the forestry industry and offers solutions to its unique challenges.
What will participants learn?
• how to prepare a fuel management plan;
• prepare a fleet inventory and calculate your current consumption through hands-on training with sample worksheets and formulae for calculating baseline measures and fuel consumption;
• review the costs and benefits of various fuel saving options;
• how to put the plan into action and sell it to management;
• how to monitor and track your plan's success.
The workshops are being held on the afternoons of March 4, 5 and 6, 2014 in Grand Falls, Fredericton and Stellarton. For more information and to register, go to http://cwfcof.org/sites/cwfcof.org/files/media/FuelManageWorkshop.pdf
February 12, 2014 By Canadian Woodlands Forum
Print this page