Dec. 12, 2017 - The Atlantic Outstanding Logging Contractor Awards Program is a project of the Canadian Woodlands Forum developed to promote and support independent contractors and operators who work in woodlands operations. We are now looking for your help to identify candidates for the 2018 award! All you need to do is select a worthy nominee by filling out the enclosed form and send it along with your cover letter and any other related documents to the Canadian Woodlands Forum.
Deadline for 2018 nominations is February 6, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact us at 902 897-6961 or by e-mail at
- All logging contractors involved in the cutting and handling of wood and/or the transport from the stump to roadside (cut 3 and/or move a minimum of 5,000 m of round wood annually; this includes manual and/or mechanical operations) can be nominated.
- Nominees must have business insurance, be in good standing with WCB; meet all regulatory requirements; work with landowners and companies; practice good utilization and optimization; keep their equipment well maintained; and works & supports their local community and industry associations.
- An engraved plaque, cash prizes, company profiles in regional and national trade magazines, complimentary registration at CWF spring meeting, one year complimentary membership.
- Deadline for nominations is February 6, 2018.
- To nominate a contractor, complete the attached form along with your nomination letter outlining why your candidate should be considered for the award. Please ensure that you highlight your candidates approach in running their business including some examples of their ingenuity, process improvement, innovation and outstanding achievements.
- Please consider submitting letters of reference, pictures, articles and other supporting documentation in support of the nomination letter.
- Nominations will be accepted from CWF members and non-members (ie forest product companies, suppliers, provincial governments, or woodlot organizations.
- Member companies may incorporate their own respective award recipients as a nomination for the award.
- Nominations will be evaluated and judged by a team of industry representatives and the CWF.
- Awards will be presented at a CWF meeting held in the spring of every year.
- The evaluation team will select the top three candidates from the nomination packages received by the deadline. One regional winner will then be selected by an on-the-ground inspection visit of the top three candidates. Criteria for the field visit will be based on safety, forest management, timber harvesting, business management & supporting documentation.
Find more info here.
Who will be the next Atlantic Outstanding Logging Contractor of the Year?
Re-opened Ontario sawmill achieves production goals with equipment upgradeMarch 13, 2018 - The re-opening of the sawmill in…
Pinnacle, West Fraser begin construction of Smithers pellet plantMarch 13, 2018 - Pinnacle and West Fraser have begun…
Ontario supporting plywood mill in northeastern OntarioMarch 13, 2018 - Ontario is supporting Columbia Forest Products…
New comprehensive study: Future suppliers of softwood lumber to the US marketMarch 14, 2018 - A new multi-client study by ForestEdge…
International Mass Timber Conference
March 20-22, 2018
Montreal Wood Convention
March 20-22, 2018
International Day of Forests
March 21, 2018
Canadian Woodlands Forum Spring Meeting
April 4-5, 2018