We are currently recruiting for a General Manager, Capital Projects This position will be based in sunny Peachtree City, GA with regular travel throughout all of Interfor’s Operations. The General Manager, Capital Projects will be responsible for managing and executing capital projects that ensure the best utilization of capital for the strategic improvement of the Company’s machinery and equipment and overseeing the overall capital program for the Company.
The General Manager, Capital Projects, under the direction of the Vice President, Capital Projects, will partner closely with the Regional VPs to lead operational improvements that are geared towards improving results at selected mills. This individual will develop and execute both large scale projects and close operating gaps on day-to-day performance basis. This person will lead a team of subject matter experts from throughout the organization to support our operations teams in making these changes.
What You’ll Do
· - Manage strategic capital projects throughout the entire lifecycle, including but not limited to: assess and select the capital projects, select engineering firms and machinery suppliers, develop budgets and installation plans, and conduct valuations of sites.
· - Design, implement, and supervise the implementation of new equipment installations, expansions, modifications, etc.
· - Conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, and ROI calculations to determine project feasibility.
· - Direct various project activities, including the evaluation of sawmill capital plans, allocation of adequate resources, and preparation of schedules and budgets.
· - Provide leadership and oversee all Capital Project Managers in North America and encourage continuous development of managers.
· - Ensure necessary safety and environmental plans are in place.
· - Lead regular project status meetings to ensure projects are on track, within budget; conduct periodic inspections.
· - Reallocate resources across multiple projects where necessary; identify and resolve any resource allocation discrepancies.
· - Produce reports on status of projects to deliver to senior management and executives.
· - Collaborate with operations personnel in the execution of duties to ensure maximum success of strategic projects before and during implementation and through start-up
· - Oversee robust and timely monitoring of the overall capital program and provide effective progress/status reports to both the senior executive and regional operations teams
· - Consult with third-parties, including contractors, engineering firms, and suppliers and draft contracts.
What You Offer
· - Advanced level of knowledge of sawmill processes and lumber products is a must
· - Post-secondary education is required, Engineering, Business, or a related field is preferred
· - Minimum 10 years of project management experience, preferably in a sawmill environment
· - Project management certification or designation is a strong asset
· - Thorough understanding of design and installation safety
· - Strong understanding of Construction Contract Law, environmental standards, and financial management
· - Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD
· - Strong leadership skills and business acumen
· - High level of integrity and discipline in managing contracts
· - Demonstrated excellent negotiation skills in managing contracts
· - Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of management
· - Ability to travel across Canada and the United States for extended periods
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.