The Lumber Sales Representative works as a member of the LaSalle Lumber Company LLC(LLC) team to sell and market Southern Yellow Pine (SYP) lumber products produced in our facility in Urania, LA. LLC, a Hunt-Tolko Partnership, will require the Lumber Sales Representative to work closely with Tolko Marketing and Sales’ lumber sales team to develop, maintain, and service local and regional account bases for SYP lumber products, attend tradeshows, and coordinate product flow/forecasting at the LLC manufacturing facility.
The Lumber Sales Representative will support the strategic objectives of LLC, maximize net return to LLC through effective product planning, sales strategies and monitoring of market conditions and competitor actions.
- Minimum three to five years relevant experience
- Post-secondary education in business or forestry with a thorough knowledge of the forest industry
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills as well as the ability to handle frequent interruptions
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Resourceful team player with ability to be independently effective
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Mathematical aptitude and strong negotiating skills
About LaSalle Lumber Company:
Hunt Forest Products LLC and Tolko Industries Ltd. formed a partnership creating LaSalle Lumber Company LLC to build a state-of-the-art lumber mill in Urania, Louisiana.
Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world, including lumber, plywood, veneer, oriented strand board co-products, biomass power and a growing number of specialty wood products. For more than 60 years, our family-owned company has delivered reliability, flexibility, efficiency and quality. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands we sustainably manage in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan and we play an active role in the communities where our employees live and work. www.tolko.com
Hunt Forest Products is a full-service wood products company founded in 1978 with the purpose of providing quality products and superior service. We manufacture a variety of plywood, lumber and other specialty wood products, and whatever the specification, we can meet your needs. Hunt Forest Products is a family owned and operated company practicing sustainable forestry, and we are certified by the American Tree Farm System and APA – The Engineered Wood Association. www.huntforpro.com
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
A Career with LaSalle Lumber Company LLC is more than a job
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side by side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community! We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until August 31, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.