OptiSaw Kelowna is just one week away!
June 2, 2022 By CFI staff
The one-week countdown is on for OptiSaw – The Mill Optimization and Automation Forum.
OptiSaw is a time-effective and affordable continuous learning opportunity for all sawmillers, taking place in person in Kelowna, B.C. on June 9.
Speakers including researchers and innovative manufacturers will offer valuable insight into the cutting edge of sawmilling technologies and processes, and share strategies to optimize production.
- A new level of detection with the AI: New sensing technologies and artificial intelligence (AI) are improving defects detection on lumber.
- Adapting to a changing fibre supply: New results from a sawing simulation study on log CT scanning
- Three in one: An alternative to the lug loader, fence and trimmer
- Monitoring conditions: New research shows the effect of wood conditioning on sawing performance and monitoring
- A new vision: Ultrasonic systems are successfully detecting internal defects in wood products to fully optimize production quality.
- Understanding saw anti-deviation: The technology behind measuring forces on the saw blades before actual deviation occurs for rapid feedback.
- Functional safeguarding of a planer system: How control system isolation devices (CSIDs) provide a safe, compliant, efficient system that reduces jam clearing-related downtime by 50 per cent.
- Connecting CT log scanning to headrigs: How CT scanning close-coupled to the sawmill transfers CT Optimized internal breakdown data to the headrig.
Plus, reconnect with our exciting group of sponsors who are releasing cutting-edge technology to the market.
Print this page