Ponsse announces management changes
May 3, 2016 – Ponsse has announced a series of changes to the Ponsse Group's management responsible for the operations of the international network, including Canada. These changes concern the division of markets for which area directors and managing directors of subsidiaries are responsible.
Eero Lukkarinen has been appointed Ponsse’s area director responsible for the Canadian market starting June 1st 2016. Lukkarinen will transfer to his new post from the position of a director responsible for Ponsse’s forest company cooperation and pricing. Lukkarinen started working for Ponsse in 2012 as the managing director of Ponsse AB, Ponsse’s subsidiary in Sweden. Previously, he worked for Ponsse as an export manager and the managing director of Ponsse AB in 1999–2003. Lukkarinen will be located in Joensuu.
Forestry engineer Marko Mattila has been appointed managing director of Ponsse Latin America Ltda, Ponsse’s subsidiary in Brazil, starting August 1st, and he will be located in Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil. Marko Mattila will transfer to his new post from the position of area director of North American retailers, Chile and Baltic countries. Mattila started working for Ponsse in 2007 as the managing director of Ponsse North America Inc, Ponsse’s subsidiary in the USA, and an area director of North America. Teemu Raitis, the current managing director of Ponsse Latin America Ltda, will transfer to Finland.
Norbert Schalkx, Ponsse Plc’s area director of Asia-Pacific and Africa, will also be responsible for Ponsse’s markets in Portugal and Spain in the future. In addition to Portugal and Spain, Schalkx is responsible for dealer operations in Australia, Japan and South Africa. Norbert Schalkx has worked for the company as an area director since 2008, and he is located in Tampere.
Jussi Hentunen, area director and product manager of used machines, will be responsible for Ponsse’s markets in the Baltic countries and Chile. Hentunen has previously worked as Ponsse’s area director of Portugal and Spain and product manager of used machines. In his new position, Jussi Hentunen will also continue as a product manager of used machines. Hentunen started working for the company in 2006 in various marketing positions. He is located in Vieremä.
Other distribution and responsible persons are presented below:
- Gary Glendinning, managing director, Ponsse UK Ltd: UK and Ireland
- Carl-Henrik Hammar, managing director, Ponsse AB: Sweden and Denmark
- Jaakko Laurila, area director and managing director, OOO Ponsse: Russia and Belarus
- Jani Liukkonen, country director, Ponsse Plc: Finland
- Risto Kääriäinen, managing director, Ponsse China Ltd: China
- Clément Puybaret, managing director, Ponssé S.A.S: France
- Pekka Ruuskanen, managing director, Ponsse North America Inc: USA
- Sigurd Skotte, managing director, Ponsse AS: Norway
- Martin Toledo, managing director, Ponsse Uruguay Ltd: Uruguay
- Janne Vidgrén, area director, Ponsse Plc: Austria, Poland, Romania, Germany, Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Hungary
Currently, Ponsse is operating in the harvesting markets of 40 countries. International operations account for 73 per cent from the company’s net sales.