Save the date for OptiSaw 2020 in Quebec City!
Deep dive on optimization, the latest in 3D scanning, continuous kilns, and data analytics are all on the agenda for OptiSaw East in April.
February 27, 2020 By CFI staff
Wondering how you can optimize your sawmilling operations to get the most out of every piece of wood? Learn more about optimization, how to improve quality control, cloud-based data analytics, new 3D scanning technology and more at OptiSaw East 2020!
Hosted by CFI magazine and Opérations Forestières, OptiSaw Mill Optimization and Automation Forum is heading to Quebec City, this year on April 22. We’ve lined up speakers from industry-leading manufacturers to explain their cutting-edge sawmilling technologies and processes, share the results of case studies and provide valuable insight into the future of sawmilling. Simultaneous French and English translation will be available.
The day’s sessions will feature:
- Automating QC systems: A case study on the impact of a modern automated quality control system at Hampton Lumber’s Babine sawmill.
- Effective optimization: An in-depth dive into optimization – what is it and how can you take advantage of it to maximize the benefits?
- Connected mill: How a cloud-based data analytics dashboard platform helped EACOM Timber’s Elk Lake sawmill automate a KPI reporting process.
- Next-gen scanning: Explore new possibilities with technology that lets you scan a log even if it’s vibrating, shifting or rotating.
- Extracting value: Understanding the source of log rotation errors and possible solutions to help extract as much value as possible from each log.
Don’t wait to sign up. Seats are limited and open only to sawmill management and owners, process engineers, continual improvement managers, optimization staff, researchers and design consultants. Register now for our early-bird rate of $139.
Check out the preliminary agenda, speakers and register online at www.optisaw.com
Print this page