Save the date: saw anti-deviation, AI and CT log scanning at OptiSaw
By CFI staff
Wondering how you can optimize your sawmilling operations to get the most out of every piece of wood? Learn about saw anti-deviation, ultrasonic systems, CT log scanning at the headrig and more at OptiSaw 2022.
By CFI staff
Hosted by CFI magazine, OptiSaw Mill Optimization and Automation Forum is back in person this year and headed to Kelowna, B.C., on June 9. We’ve lined up speakers from industry-leading researchers and manufacturers to explain their cutting-edge sawmilling technologies and processes, share the results of case studies and provide critical insight into the future of sawmilling.
In just one day of sessions, you will come away with insight into the sawmilling of tomorrow.
The day’s sessions will feature:
- Functional safeguarding of a planer system: How control system isolation devices (CSIDs) provide a safe, compliant, efficient system that reduces jam clearing-related downtime by 50 per cent.
- A new vision: Ultrasonic systems are successfully detecting internal defects in wood products to fully optimize production quality.
- Understanding saw anti-deviation: The technology behind measuring forces on the saw blades before actual deviation occurs for rapid feedback.
- Connecting CT log scanning to headrigs: How CT scanning close-coupled to the sawmill transfers CT Optimized internal breakdown data to the headrig.
- Getting to a new level of detection with the AI: New sensing technologies and artificial intelligence (AI) are improving defects detection on lumber.
- And more to come!
Plus, rub shoulders with our sponsors, many of which are offering ground-breaking mill solutions and are ready to talk shop: BID Group, HewSaw, JoeScan, Muhlbock, SiCam Systems, Rodrigue Metal, Valutec, Carbotech/Autolog, Lucidyne/Microtec, and CapriCMW.
Seats are limited and open only to sawmill management and owners, process engineers, continual improvement managers, optimization staff, researchers and design consultants. Register now for our early-bird rate of $189.
Check out the preliminary agenda, speakers and register online at www.optisaw.com.