Take part in the Wood Products Safety Summit
May 18, 2018 - The Wood Products Safety Summit is taking place on June 6 in Prince George, B.C., as part of this year’s Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition. The event will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. at the Prince George Civic Centre.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is targeted at all forestry manufacturing sectors including lumber, OSB, pellets, and pulp. The program will benefit production personnel, maintenance staff, management and senior executives. Organizers are also hoping to attract industry suppliers such as insurance providers, equipment manufacturers, engineering companies and all those who benefits from a safer forest sector.
• Scott Bax, Sr. VP Operations, Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc.
• Al Johnson, VP, Prevention Services, WorkSafeBC
• Matt Franks, Safety Manager, Canfor
• Andy Reimer, Process Safety Management Expert
• Alan Quilley, Safety Consultant and Author of Creating & Maintaining a Practical Based Safety Culture – Turning Intention into Action
• Jay Juvenal, International Sales Manager, CV Technology
• Guy Colonna, Division Director, National Fire Protection Association
• WorkSafeBC’s perspectives on multi-sector collaboration and process safety management
• An introduction to B.C.’s new multi-sector forestry safety forum
• Practical Ideas for “Process Safety”: Lessons from other high hazard industries
• Turning thinking safety into doing safety
• Fire and explosion prevention in wood processing plants
• Managing combustible dust – a refresher
Find a full agenda of the Wood Products Safety Summit here.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is being sponsored by WorkSafeBC and the Wood Pellet Association of Canada. The summit’s media partner is Annex Business Media, publisher of Canadian Forest Industries, Canadian Biomass Magazine, and Pulp & Paper Canada.
Learn more and register here.
RELATED: On June 5, as part of the Canadian Bioeconomy Conference & Exhibition, WorkSafeBC is hosting its Process Safety Initiative workshop. Learn more here.
Federal government invests over $1.43M in forestry initiative in YukonDec. 7, 2018 – To promote greener heating solutions, create…
Canada to remain major supplier of softwood lumber to the U.S.Dec. 11, 2018 – Consumption of softwood lumber in the U.S.…
Interior overhaul: John Deere redesigns its L-Series machinesDec. 11, 2018 – Sitting side by side at the…
John Deere unveils new 655K and 755K crawler loadersDec. 7, 2018 – Continuing to build on the strengths of…
TLA Convention & Trade Show
January 16-18, 2019
B.C. Natural Resources Forum
January 22-24, 2019
6th Annual Forest Industry and Timberlands Conference
January 24, 2019
Western Forestry Contractors' Association Conference and Trade Show
January 30-1, 2019