Mobile mapping for road safety inspections
October 9, 2015 - Join Matt Kurowski as he discusses FPInnovations’ recent research efforts related to resource road safety inspection service, which collects data using vehicle-mounted systems, and then performs various analyses to identify safety concerns.
This presentation on FPInnovation’s research in completing road safety inspections (RSIs) using mobile mapping systems (MMSs) will review:
- How FPInnovations got started researching this field in 2007;
- The different technologies that are part of MMSs, such as GPS, inertial measurement unit, and LiDAR scanners;
- How they have used collected data to produce road safety inspection reports;
- Trends in safety issues they have found in completing over 1000 km of RSIs; and
- FPInnovation’s recent research about reducing the costs associated with MMS.
And all this for only $25!
To register, click here.
Date: October 21, 2015
Time: 2:00 p.m., EST
October 6, 2015 By Andrew Snook
Print this page
Stories continue below