Wood Products Safety Summit to address safety culture, best practices
May 10, 2019 By Fahimeh Yazdan Panah
The Wood Products Safety Summit is taking place on June 11, 2019 in Prince George, B.C. The event will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Prince George Civic Centre.
The Wood Products Safety Summit is targeted at all forestry manufacturing sectors including lumber, OSB, pellets, and pulp. The program will benefit production personnel, maintenance staff, management and senior executives.
- Scott Bax, Senior VP of Operations, Pinnacle Renewable Energy Inc.
- Steven Mueller, Director of Health and Safety, Pinnacle Renewable Energy
- Gordon Harkness, Manager, Risk Analysis Unit, WorkSafeBC
- Kevin Ericsson, Power Chief Engineer, Norbord
- Jenny Colman, Human Factor Specialist, WorkSafeBC
- Kent Desmond, Western Regional Manager, Fike Canada, Inc.
- Cherie Whelan, Director-Safe Companies, BC Forest Safety Council
- Fahimeh Yazdan Panah, Research and Technical Development Director, Wood Pellet Association of Canada
- Tom Pawlowski, Manager, Industry and Labour Services, WorkSafeBC
- Gerard Messier, Director- Programs & Training, BC Forest Safety Council
- Improving safety culture
- Best practices in managing combustible gas
- Combustible gas and confined space entry
- Human computer interaction (HCI) and use of alarms
- Dust explosion protection
- Overview of ISO safety standards for solid biofuel
- Process safety management
- Job competencies for a safer forest industry
- Policy and occupational health and safety regulation
- And more
Learn more and register here.
Print this page