Oregon introduces new harvester guide bar
By Blount International
Aug. 31, 2016 - Blount International has announced the new Oregon SpeedMax XL .404 harvester guide bar. Engineered to keep operators in the cab and on the job longer, the SpeedMax XL offers improved chain retention and reduced flex with a wider design and high-strength chrome-moly steel alloy. The all-new 14-Tooth Replaceable Sprocket Nose has been designed to withstand the demanding cutting conditions of today’s high-output harvester machines.
By Blount International
“We know time is money, and maintenance downtime can be frustrating for any operator,” said Derek Vlcko, Business Segment Director for Oregon forestry products. “A bent guide bar or thrown chain is all it takes to idle a very expensive piece of equipment. The SpeedMax XL is designed to address both issues with a wider, stronger bar body and a larger, more durable replaceable sprocket nose.”
Compatible with the most popular harvesting equipment, the SpeedMax XL features:
- An all-new 14-tooth replaceable sprocket nose makes 21 percent fewer rotations during use when compared to a traditional 11-tooth nose. Fewer rotations decreases the amount of wear accumulated on the teeth and bearings, and increases the life of the nose for more overall productivity.
- A wider guide bar made from high-strength chrome-moly steel alloy is stiffer and stronger, providing increased chain retention in high-speed cutting applications.
- Oregon’s patented four-rivet sprocket nose design creates a stronger attachment to the bar body, and the industrial-strength high-alloy bearings are 14 percent thicker when compared to some competitive products.
- A longer nose design that is engineered to absorb more rail wear where it happens most.
- LubriTecTM Oiling System keeps the chain running smooth, for less friction and longer life.
- Many sizes are available with Oregon’s patented Jet-Fit motor mount.
The SpeedMax XL .404 harvester guide bar joins a full line of Oregon harvester products, available at OregonProducts.com/Speedmax, including saw chain, chain grinders and heavy-duty rivet spinners and chain breakers.
Oregon takes pride in making sure professional loggers, landscapers and homeowners have the tools they need to do the job right. Oregon products are trusted around the world because they work smarter, last longer and perform better. You can count on Oregon for a job well done. Oregon is a brand and division of Blount International, Inc., a global manufacturer and marketer of products for the forestry, lawn and garden; farm, ranch and agriculture; and construction markets. Blount sells its products in more than 100 countries around the world. For more information, visit www.Blount.com.