FPAC names winners of internship and scholarship program
July 13, 2023 By Forest Products Association of Canada
It will be a summer to remember for 15 students who have been announced as winners of Forest Products Association of Canada’s (FPAC) 2023 Green Dream Internship program.
The national initiative was launched in 2013 and showcases the experiences and perspectives of students who will be working in the forest sector over a six-week period – who are also receiving a $1,000 scholarship to further their education.
Throughout the summer, each of the Green Dream interns will develop social media content ranging from blogs and vlogs, to TikTok videos and Instagram stories, creating content of their choice. Some of the suggestions provided by FPAC include showcasing what they like best about their summer job in forestry, interviewing colleagues, and a ‘day in the life’ style video.
“The Green Dream Internship program profiles the experiences of young people working in the forest sector and allows them to share their stories in a unique way,” said FPAC president and CEO Derek Nighbor. “Interns who participate in the program have an opportunity to provide a first-hand look at our sector, our commitment to sustainable forest management and innovation, and the work we do to support hundreds of communities across the country.”
2023 Green Dream interns include:
- Braelen Bacon, Tolko Industries Ltd. – Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan
- Aaron Wilde, Alberta Newsprint Company – Whitecourt, Alberta
- Philippe Gaudreault, Resolute Forest Products – Dolbeau-Mistassini, Quebec
- Alexa Fowler, Millar Western – Whitecourt, Alberta
- Aidan Dachuk, Tolko Industries Ltd. – High Level, Alberta
- Jocelyn Ertl, Resolute Forest Products – Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Brooklyn Schroeder, Millar Western – Edmonton, Alberta
- Jarod Milford, Canfor Corporation – Prince George, B.C.
- Million Ghebrehiwet, Tolko Industries Ltd. – Slave Lake, B.C.
- Marlies Llott, Resolute Forest Products – Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Marie-Pascale Allard, Resolute Forest Products – Kenogami, Quebec
- Edmund Anthony Bates, Tolko Industries Ltd. – High Prairie, Alberta
- Annika Clark, Interfor – Adams Lake, B.C.
- Olivia Becher, Canfor Corporation – Vancouver B.C.
- Amanda Pacholczak, Resolute Forest Products – Thunder Bay, Ontario
Content generated by the 2023 Green Dream interns will be shared online throughout the summer.
Print this page