“Mapping the Course – Timberlands, Forest Products Processing and Energy Issues for 2018”
The conference will be held at the Heathman Lodge in Vancouver, WA, located close to Portland, Oregon’s airport.
Please join us for this one-day conference for in-depth discussions and analysis on forest products market challenges, opportunities, threats and issues in Western North America for 2018 and beyond. Industry experts and analysts from the US and Canada will address topics such as:
- Stressor and Opportunities for the North American Forest Industry (Paul Quinn, RBC Dominium Securities Inc)
- Strategic Issues for US PNW Timberlands (Mike Mackelwich, Pope Resources)
- Outlook for Sawlog and Pulpwood Prices in Western US and Canada (Hakan Ekstrom, Wood Resources International LLC)
- US PNW Sawmill Sector: Eastside and Westside Issues (Tim Atkinson, Stimson Lumber)
- US PNW Pulp Mill Sector: (Jeff Marthaller, Kapstone Paper & Packaging)
- BC Interior Log Supply Issues (Brad Bennett, Interfor)
- BC Coastal Log Supply Issues (Brian Brown, MacKenzie Sawmill Ltd)
- Will There be Enough Log Supply to Increase Lumber Production? (Rocky Goodnow, Forest Economic Advisors)
- Why Build an Export Pellet Plant in the US Northwest? Why Not? (William Strauss, FutureMetrics)
- Outlook for International Wood Markets (Speaker TBA)
Sawmilling 101: Softwood Sawmill Operations and Financial Performance in North America.
For the full program and to register, please go to the Western Forest Industry Conference 2018.