EACOM employees donate close to $25K in lieu of holiday get-together
December 18, 2020 By EACOM Timber Corporation
EACOM Timber Corporation is pleased to announce that its employees have chosen to donate the money normally spent on a holiday get together to local charities and foodbanks. Each site of operation selected a community organization and a donation equivalent to $20/employee was made for a total of close to $25,000.
Here is the list of organizations each EACOM site donated to:
- Ear Falls, Ont: Red Lake Indian Friendship Centre, Ear Falls Cheer Board, Dryden Food Bank
- Elk Lake, Ont.: Christmas Wish (New Liskeard)
- Gogama, Ont: Children’s Chrismas (Gogama)
- Matagami, Que.: Unissons la famille Matagami
- Nairn Centre, Ont.: Lions Christmas Telethon
- Sault Ste. Marie, Ont.: Toonies for Tummies and Twinkie Foundation
- Sullivan & Val-d’Or, Que.: Les Paniers de noël
- Timmins, Ont.: The Timmins Foodbank
“This year has brought some unique challenges, especially to community organizations, who could not hold their usual fundraising activities. As an essential industry, we have been able to continue to be an economic driver while safeguarding staff and suppliers. It is our privilege to share our good fortune with those in need,” said EACOM president and CEO Kevin Edgson.
EACOM’s nine sites have continued operations throughout the pandemic, supplying lumber and engineered wood products for construction and wood chips to paper mills while working in close collaboration with local health authorities. Numerous measures have been put in place to ensure adequate hygiene and social distancing to protect employees as they continue to produce these essential goods.
Print this page