Job position open at Canadian Woodlands Forum
By Canadian Woodlands Forum
Macrh 10, 2016 - The Canadian Woodlands Forum (CWF) is looking for an operations coordinator.
The CWF is a not-for profit membership based organization recognized for its commitment to effective, quality woodlands operations in support of sustainable forest management.
In order to continue pursuing the objectives and goals of the organization, the CWF is looking for an ‘operations coordinator’ to expand and increase its capacity to meet the growing needs and services of the membership.
Under the direction of the executive director, the operations coordinator will promote and support the implementation of the programs, services and activities of the CWF by giving presentations, assisting in membership recruitment campaigns, project/program delivery and serving as a member on various committees as directed by the executive director.
The Canadian Woodlands Forum member categories include loggers (contractors), equipment and services suppliers, land management and forest product companies’ including sawmills, pulp and paper, pallets, millwork, wood pellets and regular members.
The Mission of the Canadian Woodlands Forum is to improve the efficiency and profitability of woodlands operations, through an ongoing commitment to fostering communication, providing a means to exchange knowledge of best practices, technology and innovations, and promoting the interests of woodlands professionals and contractors in order to sustain a robust, safe, and environmentally responsible wood fibre supply chain. The CWF acts as a communication, education, consulting and training resource for its members and the industry at large.
The CWF is looking for an individual who is:
• Well informed, has an extensive network with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in the forest industry;
• Ability to work independently, has great inter-personal & organizational skills;
• The individual must be able to communicate in both French and English;
• Graduate of a recognized forestry university or college
• Hold a valid driver license and the willingness to travel extensively across the Atlantic region, with a focus in New Brunswick;
• Experience in serving in a membership, client-based service capacity is considered an asset.
This is a part-time (40%), contract position; salary is commensurate with experience.
For additional information about the Canadian Woodlands Forum, visit www.cwfcof.org.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to the Canadian Woodlands Forum, at email@example.com no later than March 18th, 2016.