Changing the forestry game: OptiLog to look at the future of harvesting technologies
April 21, 2021 By Ellen Cools
Canadian Forest Industries is proud to announce the launch of a new free event, OptiLog, which will take place online on June 15 at 1:00 p.m. EST. OptiLog is a time-effective and affordable, one-day educational event to expose Canadian contractors to the future of harvesting technologies and processes.
The focus will be on the practical application of innovative forestry-specific solutions that are poised to change the forestry game. Faced with environmental and demographic challenges that are here to stay, contractors must innovate and adapt to survive.
Call for proposals
Are you a manufacturer or researcher in the logging industry offering innovative harvesting technologies and processes that can help contractors boost productivity? Send us your proposal to present at OptiLog!
OptiLog will focus on a number of themes, including but not limited to:
- How technology can help attract new talent
- A closer look at LiDAR and its potential impacts
- Forestry 4.0: how to manage connected machines
- Maximizing operations through telematics
- How proactive/predictive maintenance can help boost productivity
- Steeper slopes and selective harvesting: how to maximize operations
- Optimizing operations with drones
- The impact of improved operator comfort and visibility
All presentation proposals should be sent to CFI editor Ellen Cools at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1.
More details on the event and the full agenda will be posted online shortly – stay tuned!
Print this page