Women in Forestry 2022
March 8, 2022 at
About Mosaic Forest Management Corp.
Mosaic Forest Management Corporation is in the business of sustainable forest stewardship, managing private timberlands and Crown forest tenures in Coastal British Columbia for more than a century. Mosaic employs several thousand people directly and indirectly, and is strongly committed to achieving positive economic, social and sustainability outcomes from the working forest.
- The first forest company globally to achieve certification of its land base by the Carbon Trust (including Scope 1, 2, and selected Scope 3 emissions).
- A founding member of Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster representing our commitment to advancing innovation in the forest sector.
- The first forestry company in Canada to be certified under the globally recognized SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative) over 20 years ago.
- The first forestry company in BC to achieve Progressive Aboriginal Certification from the Canadian Council of Aboriginal Business and the only forestry company in BC to have achieved Silver-level recognition in 2020.
We aspire to be the Asia-Pacific leader in sustainable timberlands management, optimizing long-term returns for our shareholders.
Safety & Wellness: Our highest priority
People: A diverse and inclusive culture where people are inspired, empowered and engaged
Sustainability: Responsible, science-based environmental management
Integrity: Respectful and honest in our relationships by always doing the right thing and holding ourselves to account
Superior Performance: Long-term value creation through operational excellence, innovation and an unrelenting focus on continuous improvement
Our People & Culture
At Mosaic, we are proud of our highly collaborative, respectful, and innovative work environment where employees are empowered with high levels of role autonomy and the ability to make decisions and lead change.
We believe in creating a workplace where everyone feels they belong and can contribute their whole, authentic self to help us achieve our strategic goals. We are committed to:
- Disrupting unconscious bias
- Seeking to understand and listening
- Being open minded
- Advancing awareness and understanding through education and advocacy
- Removing barriers that lead to disadvantages or inequalities
- Mitigating biases by continually improving our people practices
Mosaic is proud to be an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion and was honoured to be named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2022.
To learn more, visit MosaicForests.com/careers and follow us @MosaicForests